About this blog
Homeowner's in Illinois may qualify for several Real Estate Tax Property Exemptions. Normally the homeowner must reside in the property. It MAY be possible to make the resident responsible for the payment of property taxes as part of their lease agreement. A list of these tax saving items may be available at your county courthouse where you would apply for them.
1. General Homestead Exemption
2. Senior Citizen's Homestead Exemption
3. Senior Citizen's Property Assessment Freeze
4. Homestead Improvement Exemption
5. Special Adapted Housing Homestead Exemption (35 ILCS 200/15-165)
6. Returning Veterans' Homestead Exemption (35 ILCS 200/15-167)
7. Disabled Person's Homestead Exemption (35 ILCS 200/15-168
8. Disabled Veterans' Standard Homestead Exemption (ILCS 200/15-169)
9. Fraternal Organizational Freeze
10. Veterans Organization Freeze.
Options 1, 2, 3,4 and either 6, 7 or 8 can be used at the same time.
Entries in this blog
No blog entries have been created